Anne Boleyn’s Cottages Wendover – Nice picture of Anne Boleyn’s Cottages located in the town of Wendover in Buckinghamshire.
1. Wendover is a pretty town located in the county of Buckinghamshire (Bucks).
2. Wendover has a population of around 7,399 (2011 census).
3. The postcode for the town of Wendover is HP22.
4. The dialling code for the town of Wendover is 01296 (the same as for Aylesbury).
5. The name of the town means “white waters” and is from the Brythonic language (pre-6th century).
6. Wendover has its own railway station which links it to London Marylebone and Aylesbury.
7. The town has 4 schools John Colet School, Wendover Church of England School, John Hampden School and Wendover House School (special needs).
8. The town is engulfed by the Chiltern Hills, there are many fabulous walks in hills and woodland.
9. Wendover received its Royal Charter in 1464, allowing it to hold a weekly market and giving town status.
10. Some cottages in the town were once owned by Henry VIII’s wife Anne Boleyn, they are still called Anne Boleyn’s cottages to the present day.